Your dog would give his life for you, it is your best friend and loyal. Therefore we should know how to keep it safe and healthy.
In addition to provide basic things like food, water, a home, veterinary care, exercise and keep in a safe place. There are 10 tips that are essential to take good care of your dogs…
- 1 1. Identify your dog
- 2 2. Keeping up to date and comply with local laws and dog licenses have immunization records
- 3 3. Try to clean and comb your dog frequently
- 4 4. Take your dog to the vet to get regular checkups
- 5 5. Join your dog and not leave him alone for long periods of time
- 6 6. When you’re away from home, keep the dog on leash insurance
- 7 7. Give your dog a balanced nutritional diet and access at all times to fresh water
- 8 8. Train and socialize your dog
- 9 9. Give your dog enough to keep in good physical exercise
- 10 10. Be patient with your loyal and faithful companion
1. Identify your dog
The dog must have an external identification equip you with a collar and identification tag that includes your name, address and phone number. No matter how careful you are, it is possible that your dog someday escape and if wearing a collar with identification increase the chances that your dog back home safely. The collar should not be too tight, so that at least two fingers to enter and slide easily.
The microchip identification: Something essential, take the dog to a veterinarian for a microchip implanted. There are many cases where dogs have been able to go home after missing thanks to the microchip.
If your dog has a microchip and someday you lose, when scanned by a veterinarian or shelter staff who will find your phone number or address, which is vital in order to contact you.
2. Keeping up to date and comply with local laws and dog licenses have immunization records
It is advisable to consult with the animal shelter or protective for information on the legal requirements and issue licenses required vaccines in the city in which you live.
3. Try to clean and comb your dog frequently
It is important that our dog seems often depending on the breed and care for your hair combing frequently to avoid tangles and knots are created. The frequency of brushing the dog depends on the type of hair you have, some dogs need to be brushed once a day and others once every week.
4. Take your dog to the vet to get regular checkups
It is good to have a trusted veterinarian which can bring our dog to make him checks regularly. It is the best way to be sure that our dog is in good health. Occasionally we may advise on any treatment needed by the animal.
5. Join your dog and not leave him alone for long periods of time
Having a fenced yard with a doghouse is an advantage, especially for large and very active dogs. However, just try not to let your dog outside for long periods of time. Dogs need companionship and feel accompanied by us. They should spend as much time as possible with his family, not always alone.
6. When you’re away from home, keep the dog on leash insurance
Even if you have all licenses and vaccines rule, you should not let your dog wander away or just around the neighborhood. You must have it under your control at all times.
7. Give your dog a balanced nutritional diet and access at all times to fresh water
Ask your veterinarian to know how often to feed your dog. The requirements in the diet of dogs change as they age. We also care for your teeth because the dog’s teeth need to be cleaned and monitored regularly to ensure they can eat well.
It is also very important to keep dogs away from our foods and products that can be toxic.
Training and positive training your dog will control their behavior safely and make the link with the animal better.
It is important to socialize your dog from leaving little to play and interact with other dogs. In dog parks or green areas you will find more people with dogs with which to socialize and share yours and exchange views. Sometimes socialization and training require a lot of patience and dedication.
9. Give your dog enough to keep in good physical exercise
Most dog owners play with their animals several times a day, and experience gives us the opportunity to improve the bond that is shared with the dog.
Playing time depend on the age and how active your dog. Some dogs are tireless and if they would be out all day playing and running from one place to another.
10. Be patient with your loyal and faithful companion
Make sure the expectations you have deposited in your dog are reasonable and always remember that the vast majority of behavior problems in dogs can be solved.
Not all problems are behavioral; many may indicate a health problem. For example, a dog growls when you are going to touch your ears may be an indicator that could have some ear infection.