Social Networks are powerful means of communication with customers, whether they are potential or acquired. Let’s see what are the tools offered by Facebook for the promotion of its products and services …
Do you want to advertise on Facebook, but you don’t know where to start? Here is a practical guide that will help you set up your listings correctly, allowing you to reach the right target audience without wasting money unnecessarily: a simple manual that describes the 3 main tools offered by the platform to those who want to promote products, services, sites web or more. Ready? Let’s start right away!
1 # Listing Panel
The easiest way to understand how to advertise on Facebook is certainly to use the Listing Panel, where the 10 goals that can be reached with your campaign are present.
After identifying the goal to be achieved, Facebook proposes a guided path that helps the user set up the aforementioned campaign, accompanying it step by step in the definition of what to advertise (a post, a fan page, a website, etc.), target users to reach, the budget to spend and the images and content to appear in the ad.
If, for example, the primary purpose is to direct people to their website, after clicking on the corresponding goal, you will have to …
- Define the name of the campaign;
- Fill in the account information (country, currency and time zone);
- Establish the recipients of the advertisements indicating the country of interest, the age range of the users to be reached, their gender, etc. (once you have created the profile of your ideal audience, you can save it to reuse it in future campaigns by checking the Save this audience option );
- Set a daily or total budget (minimum 1 dollar per day): campaigns with daily budgets are visible during a single day until the sum allocated to advertising is exhausted, while campaigns with total budget are visible for a period of time to be programmed depending on your needs (from day – to day);
- Decide the appearance of the listing by choosing whether to add a single image – just one video or multiple images;
- Enter the URL of the site to which users who will click on the advertisement will be referred;
- Fill in the fields relating to the title and text of the campaign (in order for the ad to be successful, it is important to choose persuasive content that is able to attract the attention of users);
- click on Order and enter the payment method;
- Proceed with the publication of the advertisement in Facebook.
2 # Function highlight the post
To take advantage of this particular feature designed specifically to highlight specific fan page posts at any time, you need to …
- Click on the button Show the post below each publication, in the Insights section and in the administration panel;
- Define the target of users to make visible the content to sponsor, choosing from people who like your page, people who like your page and their friends or people you choose by targeting;
- Set the number of days during which the announcement must remain visible (e.g. 1, 7 or 14 days);
- Establish the total budget to be divided into the number of days in which the paid news remains visible (minimum 1 dollar per day);
- Specify the desired payment method;
- Click on the Put in evidence button to make the post in question visible to selected users.
3 # Power Editor
Another essential tool is the Power Editor : the system used above all by agencies that, in addition to the classic features offered by the Listing Panel, also allows for example to create posts without being connected to the Internet, to customize the ads more by modifying their display based on different devices used or to make so-called ghost posts.
To understand how to advertise on Facebook by creating an advertisement in Power Editor you need …
- Access the Power Editor and click on the Manage listings button at the top of the page;
- Click on the item Create listing in the drop-down menu at the top of your left;
- Choose whether to create a new campaign or insert the advertisement in an existing campaign;
- Choose whether to create a new group of listings or to use a pre-existing one;
- Give the advert a name and click on the Create button;
- Insert the contents of the advertisement and the creatives (photos / images);
- Click on Upload Changes to make the new listing public.
Among the 3 tools made available by Facebook, the Insertion Panel certainly represents the simplest, the feature Highlight the post as well as allowing a minimum personalization of the advertisement, allows to reach a limited user target and the Power Editor is the most advanced and technical tool, this solution is the only one that stimulates the user to proceed with concrete objectives, helping him to structure his campaigns in a strategic and meticulous way.
This is the introductory guide to manage advertise on Facebook simply and effectively: a detailed manual to follow to the letter to avoid making mistakes when creating and publishing ads or campaigns.