Planning a vacation can seem like a daunting task, especially when you have an entire family to consider. Packing efficiently makes travel far less stressful and can save you money. Planning ahead for every eventuality means you can eliminate stress, and enjoy your journey.
Check the Weather
Check out the weather forecast for your vacation destination online. If you don’t check the weather you may end up spending money on clothing during your travels. You don’t want to waste a day of your vacation having to go clothes shopping!
If you want to pack light, make sure that a jacket, for example, coordinates with every shirt you’re taking. This way, you can mix and match clothes. The same goes for other accessories too, such as shoes, purses, scarves, and jewelry. Coordinate so that each of the colors and designs work well together.
Another good tip is to pack thin layers of clothing instead of bulky sweaters and coats when coordinating. Packing clothes that can be layered gives you more options if the weather changes. Take with you the minimum amount of underwear, socks, and t-shirts you can get away with.
Think about the different activities you want to experience while you travel. Make a list of activities you want to do, and a list of clothes or equipment you will need to do them. This list should include clothing for dining out. Some activities, like scuba diving and skiing, require special equipment. It might be easier to find out how much it costs to rent the equipment you need at your destination; renting might be less expensive than paying excess baggage.
Only Essential Toiletries
The Transportation Security Administration has a strict set of guidelines for the number of toiletries and liquids you can have in your carry-on luggage. Carrying these in your luggage is not ideal as they might leak or explode, damaging your clothing. Most hotels offer free soap, shampoo and conditioner to their customers, freeing up extra space in your luggage for other items.
If you’re planning a beach vacation and plan to spend a significant amount of time in the sun, you’ll need sun protection, and items used for recreational activities. Some items to include when you pack for the beach include:
- Aftersun lotion
- Insect repellent
- A beach cover-up, like sarong
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Beach umbrella (might be better to buy or rent this at your destination)
- Goggles, snorkels, fins, and flotation devices (can be bought in tourist areas)
- Books and magazines
- Beach toys (easy to buy in resort)
For the best cheap Caribbean Vacations, visit http://lostwaldo.com/the-best-cheap-caribbean-vacations/
Airlines typically charge high fees to passengers who bring more than two bags, or who bring overweight luggage to the airport. Save money on your summer vacation when you pack light, it can be achieved with some organization.
- Make sure your clothes match.
- Stretch your wardrobe further by packing a few of your favorite accessories. For example, a few pieces of jewelry can transform outfits for an evening at a fine restaurant.
- Take durable clothing on your next vacation, like wrinkle-free shirts that can be washed instead of dry-cleaned.
- How you pack is another important factor of packing light. Tightly rolling your clothing will give you more space in your luggage. Folding your clothes in half, and then rolling the clothes allows you to take advantage of every square inch of space.