The video marketing sector is currently skyrocketing: in 2017, this technique has shown considerable interest in the world of communication. In fact, many companies have chosen to embark on this path by integrating videos into their marketing plans, with the aim of emerging from their competitors: it is undoubtedly essential and necessary to be constantly updated on last minute trends and, above all, to be always a step ahead of others to be able to grab the best success and trust.
Why is the video marketing technique matched?
Because it is a simple and effective way to reach the public: users like to watch videos, because they are engaging, interesting and more perceptive compared to a written text.
According to a survey conducted by Event Report: ” 96% of consumers consider them useful to make purchasing decisions, 73% are more likely to buy something after watching a video and 71% thanks to videos they make an opinion positive of the product, service or company.”
The videos are important but you have to combine them with an online marketing strategy, find out what are the other things that your site must have.
Let’s go over the latest developments of 2017 together
- FACEBOOK and LIVE VIDEOS: Companies, brands and consumers can use this form of use to interact better with other users.
- TWITTER and PERISCOPE: The latter allows to embed direct in the tweet; in this way users can follow an event in real time.
- INSTAGRAM and STORIES: Mini videos or sequences lasting a few seconds each made live or in the last hours; their particularity is to remain active for 24 hours and then self-cancel. Excellent way to tell specific episodes to customers and to sponsor details.
You may also like to read: How data can change or influence a content marketing strategy
And in 2018? simple, everything will multiply
- VIDEO LIVE STREAMING: Companies will create more video content in live streaming mode to give the feeling of a constant presence and live on the web, presenting themselves to users as “a friend” of which you can receive updates in real time. It was noted the degree of preference of users (with consequent implicit request) towards live content, due undoubtedly to the offer versatility of social networks, which allow the creation of direct daily. The brand experience therefore becomes more and more alive, consequently the video streaming in real time more and more popular.
- FRIENDLY VIDEO MOBILE: For a pleasant enjoyment on mobile devices, the “friendly” or short-lived video is the perfect format that does not bore users and adapts to the rapid use of content via smartphone. The social networks are equipped to allow the upload of live content and to make the experience of their enjoyment better and better.
- VIDEO IN VIRTUAL REALITY: As mentioned above, live streaming is the new trend under consolidation for 2018; in truth, the new frontier of digital technologies is immersion in the reality created by the video. We speak of augmented reality, a tool that allows you to experience the brand in a completely innovative situation, offering the user the opportunity to see a product or service in the context of their daily lives.
Thanks to the evolution of new technologies, it is possible to make a real “dive” in the company where consumers can experiment with products, for a 360° brand experience.
Surely, the 2017 was nothing more than the launch pad for these new digital experiments; the numbers of communication through video marketing are in fact destined to reach very high peaks in 2018.
The video marketing technique is an effective tool for telling stories with the aim of leaving a mark, cultivating relationships, establishing relationships of trust, thrilling the public and consolidating brand reputation. Storytelling, the art of telling, is a great way to success because stories express relevant information, creating pathos and an unforgettable experience.
The videos are very important, that’s why you have to start using them in your online strategy but they cannot work miracles.